Xbox One : More Details
It has been a little over a day since Xbox One’s reveal and a lot more details have cropped up that was not revealed in the hour long announcement.
Here is what we have discovered since the event:
• The Xbox One will not function if the Kinect is not connected
• Those who purchase pre-owned games will have to pay an additional fee for the game to run
• Developers will be able to take advantage of the new cloud system, which allows them to modify or add new achievements to their games
• Game updates will also be on the fly, also thanks to the cloud system
• Xbox one learns your style of play and ability, which is then put to use when you need to leave the system as it will continue to play for you
• The system’s capabilities will enhance as ‘cloud’ technology improves
• Xbox One will not be backwards compatible for both Xbox live arcade and retail games
• Gamerscore will be carried over from your Xbox 360
The Xbox One in its full glory
Whilst the presentation did not deliver any meaningful gameplay footage, it did get rid of a lot of what I would like to call ‘baggage.’ When E3 arrives, I am sure Microsoft will focus on the gaming side of the entertainment box….well at least I hope so!
The following two tabs change content below.
Started gaming at the age of 4. I still hear the screams of our old Sinclair Spectrum's loading screen.